2116 Mt Samson Road
SAMFORD 4520
QLD AUSTRALIA

Club History

The Samford Bowls Club was formed in 1948 following a meeting organized by Walter James (Jim) Smith. A block of land on the banks of the South Pine River was acquired at a cost of ₤75. The first trustees were Jim Smith, Jim Morrison and Bert Gibbons.

Volunteers built a small club house with timber from trees felled on the Smith Bros. property and milled by Winn Brothers, Sawmillers. Debentures were purchased by a number of members to finance this new club; these were later redeemed when the club became financial.

Clubhouse 1948

Page 1 of 6